Photo credit: Bigstock
Snacking can be a bad habit, as it often leads to overeating and consuming too many calories.
However, when your snack of choice is a healthy, spicy, and veggie-packed roll, there is little reason not to snack away at this delicious, bite-sized dish.
This eggplant and quinoa rolls recipe takes about 45 minutes to prepare. With the ingredients below, you’ll have around 20 rolls you can serve either fresh off the pan or chilled.
- 3 medium eggplants
- ½ cup of quinoa
- 1 cup of water
- 1 onion
- 1 teaspoon of garam masala
- 2 tablespoons of rice bran oil
- 1 tablespoon of ginger
- ½ of a medium capsicum
- ½ cup of olive oil
- Hot chili powder
- Put quinoa in a small saucepan and boil in water. Once done, add rice bran oil and an onion and leave it for 20 minutes on low heat to simmer.
- Add garam masala, ginger, and chili to the mixture and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Throw in the capsicum and stir well until the capsicum becomes soft.
- Slice the eggplant into ½ inch slices, brush on both sides with olive oil, and place on a preheated barbecue or stove grill.
- Season the eggplant slices with salt and grill until they become brown on both sides.
- Once the slices are done, pour 1-2 tablespoons of quinoa mix on top of each eggplant and wrap them in a tight roll. Pierce the rolls with a toothpick to keep them stable and sprinkle with parsley and some more olive oil.