Did you know that fatty liver disease affects over 40% of American adults?
Well, now you know and you need to do something about it as this disease is a huge and growing health problem, especially in the U.S.
Fatty liver disease leads to permanent liver damage, liver failure and even death. However, there’s a pretty simple way of avoiding it.
Here we have a list of do’s and don’ts when it comes to everyday, available foods, and if you manage to introduce this Fatty Liver Diet into your life completely, you will have nothing to worry about.
Foods To Avoid On The Fatty Liver Diet
Some foods and drinks we really like and consume on a daily basis unfortunately increase fat accumulation in the liver and are to be avoided. If you want your liver healthy, make sure you minimize the following:
- Artificial trans fats
- High glycemic carbohydrates
Foods To Eat On The Fatty Liver Diet
Basically, you can eat almost everything except for sweet and processed foods. But to narrow down the list and make it easier for you to organize your new diet, here’s the 4 pillars of healthy fatty liver diet:
1. Plenty of produce – If it is brightly colored, fresh and organic, it is good for you. Foods that are especially recommended are:
- Bell peppers
2. Whole grains – These complex carbohydrates are a must. Excellent and cheap choices of whole grains include:
- Brown rice
3. Healthy fats – Unsaturated fats and omega 3-fatty acids are crucial for your liver. Healthy fats are found in:
- Cold-water fish
- Vegetable oils
4. Protein – Make sure you eat lots of protein and include it in you every meal, especially breakfast. Protein balances your blood sugar and insulin levels, while it provides the liver with the amino acids – also crucial for a healthy liver.