If there was ever a dish that’s been an American favorite, it would be macaroni with cheese.
The good, ol’ mac & cheese is hands down one of the top picks for the people living in the States, whether you’re having friends over or you want to have a nice TV dinner.
However, this dish also has a downside. The pasta can make you bloated and gassy, while the fat in the cheese is a known cholesterol catalyst. But if you just can’t give up mac & cheese and you want to stay healthy, then this recipe is for you!
It will take you about 45 minutes to prepare this healthy mac & cheese recipe, and with the ingredients below, you’ll be able to serve 4 plates of a delicious and health-friendly dish.
- 1 diced onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 chopped cauliflower
- 1 cup of cashews
- ½ teaspoon of cumin
- ¼ teaspoon of chili powder
- 1 tablespoon of arrowroot
- ½ cup of vegetable broth
- 6 tablespoons of yeast
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- Dried herbs
- While the oven gets heated to 350°F (180°C), steam the cauliflower in boiling water for 4-5 minutes.
- Crush the garlic and cook it with an onion in a small pan until both become golden.
- Put 4 tablespoons of yeast, arrowroot, cashews, and vegetable broth in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture along with onion, garlic, and cauliflower into a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of salt, dried herbs, and yeast in a small bowl, then spread over the cauliflower mixture that’s sitting in a baking dish.
- Bake the whole thing in the oven for 25-30 minutes.