Dying for a soup that has a rich texture, while also leaving a silky, amazing aftertaste on your taste buds? Look no further than from this wonderful fennel soup with almond-mint topping that can warm you up while refreshing you at the same time. Energizing and light, a bowl of this delish soup will fuel you up for hours, and help you get through a harsh, winter’s day.
To make this meal, you’ll need:
- 5 teaspoons of olive oil, divided
- 3 cups of sliced fennel bulb
- 1 cup of chopped onion
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- ½ teaspoon of kosher salt, divided
- 2 ½ cups of water
- ½ teaspoon of white wine vinegar
- 1 can of cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup of toasted sliced almonds
- 3 tablespoons of small fresh mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon of lemon rind strips
- 1 ounce of vegetarian Parmesan cheese, finely shredded
Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover the pan, and let it cook for 6 minutes or until the mix is crisp-tender (but not brown).
Stir the mix occasionally while it cooks. Add the remaining ¼ teaspoons of salt, 2 ½ cups of water, vinegar, and beans, and bring the mixture to a boil. Cover the pan, reduce the heat, and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
Secure the blander lid on the blender, and place a clean towel over the opening in the lid to avoid splatters.
Blend the mixture until it’s smooth, and pour it into a large bowl. Repeat the procedure with the remaining mixture. Combine the almonds, mint, rind, and cheese. Divide the soup among 4 bowls and top each bowl with the almond mixture. To finish it off, drizzle the remaining 2 teaspoons of olive oil onto the soup.