Are you a fan of hot chili? If you are, look no further for a perfect recipe. This is it. You’ll need beef, onion, hot sauce, garlic, paprika, tomato puree, and many more other ingredients that will make up this amazing meal, but in the end you will be thankful. Trust us.
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 (12 ounce) cans pinto beans (drained and rinsed well)
- 1 onion (diced)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons ground chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
When there is no more liquid in the pot, reduce heat to medium-high and add garlic, chili powder, cumin, paprika and black pepper.
Stir the mix until it starts to go dark (3 to 4 minutes), then add oregano, water, and tomato puree.
Bring to a simmer and adjust the heat to medium-low. Simmer for 30 minutes.
Finally, stir in diced green pepper and pinto beans and simmer 30 more minutes. The chili should turn into a nice thick mix. The whole process should take no more than 1 hour and 20 minutes.