If you are looking for a new and exciting stew recipe to leave your friends breathless, you came to the right place.
This mouth-watering beef stew is rather easy to make, while its amazing combination of sweet and savory will make your friends ask – What kind of sorcery is this?
The total amount of time you’ll need is 2 hours and 20 minutes and this recipe yields up to 10 servings.
Here’s what you’ll be needing:
- 2 pounds cubed beef stew meat
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 cubes beef bouillon, crumbled
- 4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4 carrots, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4 stalks celery, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons cold water
- Put the beef and oil in a large pot and cook it over medium heat until the meat turns brown. Dissolve the bouillon beef cubes in water and pour them into the pot as well, while stirring in rosemary, parsley and pepper.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer 1 hour.
- After simmering is done, add potatoes, carrots, celery, and onion to the mix.
- In 2 teaspoons of cold water dissolve the cornstarch. Add it to the mixture and stir. After the mix becomes homogenous, cover and simmer 1 hour more.
(Note: If your stew is not thick enough, you can add more cornstarch)