Photo credit: Bigstock
This dish calls for many similar reactions, but the most common one is “wow!”
You probably never tasted anything quite like this salad, and when you finally do, you won’t seem to comprehend how you lived without it for all of these years.
The flavor of this amazing cashew chicken wheat berry and peas salad only gets even richer with the impeccable delicateness of the chicken.
To make this dish, you’ll need:
- 4 teaspoons of hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon of rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon of kosher salt
- 2 cups of cooked wheat berries
- 1 ½ cups of copped cooked chicken thighs
- ¾ cup of sugar snap peas, halved diagonally
- ½ cup of dry-roasted, unsalted cashews
- 1/3 cup of thinly sliced green onions
Combine the sauces, vinegar, garlic, black pepper, and salt in a medium bowl. After stirring everything well with a whisk, add the wheat berries, peas, and the chicken into the mix and toss everything really well to coat. Finally, stir in the cashews and onions.